IDTR’s Empirical Objectives
- To develop high quality well trained cadre of drivers to meet the existing shortage of drivers for commercial vehicles.
- To develop sector-specific skill levels of the rural youth and make them employable /self-employed.
- To enhance the status of drivers in society.
- To ensure drivers’ adherence to traffic discipline.
- To improve road safety awareness in the minds of drivers and minimize accidents.
- To reduce fossil fuel consumption by adopting creative ways.
- To generate rural employment by developing ODC (Over Dimensional Cargo) vehicle drivers.